Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds peeled potatoes - cut in chunks (my favorite are Yukon gold but any potatoes will do)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 stick butter - cut into pieces (you can use less if you’d like)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - optional
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup to 1 cup hot milk
- Extra butter for serving - optional
- Place the potatoes, stock and butter into a slow cooker.
- Season with garlic powder and a little salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook on high for 4 to 4 and a half hours or until super tender.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher.
- Add hot milk, gradually to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Season with a little more salt and pepper if needed.
- Put slow cooker on warm setting.
- Potatoes should keep perfectly in the slow cooker for a couple of hours after mashing.
- Just keep the lid on the slow cooker and serve directly from there.
- You can add a little more butter on top if you like right before serving.
- If the potatoes get a little dry, add a bit more milk.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 1626mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 36IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.