Roasted Corn Beef and Cabbage
- 3 to 5 pound corned beef brisket - flat cut if they have it
- 1 head cabbage - cut in wedges
- 2 cups bag baby carrots
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes - boiled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse off roast with cold water. Pat dry. Place in a roasting pan.
- If it comes with a seasoning packet, sprinkle that on top.
- Pour chicken stock over the roast and into the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 3 to 5 hours until beef starts to get fork tender.
- Add cabbage and carrots to the roasting pan, cover with foil and bake for another 30 to 45 minutes or until carrots are just tender.
- Remove veggies from the pan to a bowl or serving platter.
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard and honey together and spread on top of roast.
- Place beef under broiler for a few minutes to get it a little brown on top.
- Melt butter, dill and garlic salt together.
- Slice beef and serve with hot potatoes, cabbage and carrots with dill butter drizzled on top.
Calories: 582kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 2321mg | Potassium: 1615mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 4587IU | Vitamin C: 104mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 5mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.