Quick Fish Chowder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- Salt and pepper
- 3 to 5 cups seafood stock
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of potato soup
- 2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets, cut in chunks (whitefish, haddock, cod, or other white flakey fish)
- 3 to 4 cups cubed southern style hash brown potatoes - slightly thawed
- Chopped parsley
- In a non-stick kettle, cook onion and celery in butter for a few minutes until they start to get soft.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Combine 3 cups of seafood stock with both cans of soup and 2 cups heavy cream or half and half.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Turn down to a simmer.
- Stir in potatoes and fish.
- Simmer about 5 minutes, stirring often until fish is cooked through.
- If chowder gets too thick, add more stock.
- Serve in bowls with chopped parsley on top.
- Great served with oyster crackers!
You can also use canned minced clams in place of the fish.
Calories: 751kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 768mg | Potassium: 1324mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1805IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.