- Add a splash or two of canola or vegetable oil to the water prior to adding pasta. It’ll help it not stick together or to the pan.
- Add a lump of butter or a few teaspoons of oil to the water. Spaghetti will not boil over or stick together.
- Boil pasta and remove it just before it is fully cooked – typically 1 minute less than the package instructions. It will continue to cook the rest of the way in the pan with sauce.
- When the noodles are boiled, drain all the hot water and add cold water. This way, all the noodles will get separated.
- After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your house plants. The water contains nutrients that your plants will love!
I’ll be adding more tips to this page over time! If you’re craving some easy breezy recipes, here are a few amazing recipes to try made with pasta: