Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium to large size peeled shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions or Italian parsley
- 16 ounces hot cooked fettuccini
- In a sauce pan, heat the cream.
- Don’t boil it!
- Add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, whisk in cheese and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and continue to cook on low for a minute or two until the shrimp turns pink.
- Serve over hot pasta with scallions or parsley on top.
Like garlic?Add a 1 to 2 minced cloves while you are heating the cream.
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 217mg | Sodium: 478mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1505IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 310mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.