Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound on uncooked medium-sized shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped scallions or Italian parsley
- 1 box (16 ounces) hot cooked fettuccini
- In a sauce pan, heat the cream.
- Don’t boil it!
- Add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, whisk in cheese and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and continue to cook on low for a minute or two until the shrimp turns pink.
- Serve over hot pasta with scallions or parsley on top.
Like garlic?Add a 1 to 2 minced cloves while you are heating the cream.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 335mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1105IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 272mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.