Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
- 1 box (15 ounces) Devil’s food cake mix, batter prepared according to pkg. directions
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter - at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- A few drops green food coloring
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or mint baking chips, melted - optional
- 24 Andes mints - unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix with eggs, oil and water according to directions on the box.
- Line muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Fill each two-thirds full of batter.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Sift the powdered sugar.
- With a hand mixer beat the butter, gradually adding in the powdered sugar.
- Beat on low until well blended.
- Add mint extract, a few drops of green food coloring, and 1 tablespoon milk or cream.
- Continue to beat on medium speed for a couple minutes, adding additional milk or cream a bit at a time if needed for your desired consistency.
- Use a piping bag with tip or frost cupcakes by hand.
- Drizzle each cupcake with a little bit of the melted chips.
- Before serving top each cupcake with an unwrapped mint.
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.002g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 0.2mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 0.03g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.