Bacon and Egg Casserole
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 10 slices sandwich bread - cubed
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Corn Flakes - crushed
- Place bread cubes in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top bread with crumbled bacon.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs together with milk and add salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the bacon and bread layers.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- This dish can be prepared the night before or baked right away.
- If you are making it ahead of time, loosely cover the dish with foil and refrigerate.
- When you are ready to bake, remove foil and top casserole with about 2 cups of crushed corn flakes for a delicious crunchy topping.
- Place uncovered dish in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow casserole to cool and set for about 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 259mg | Sodium: 679mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 373mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.