- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black eyed pea - drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) shoe peg corn, drained OR 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn that has been thawed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red onion - finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups green pepper - finely diced
- 2 to 4 jalapeno peppers - seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 cup cilantro - chopped
- 2 ripe avocados - diced (optional)
- Mix all ingredients, except cilantro and avocado, in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir in cilantro and avocados if you’d like, like just before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or scoops.
This makes a really big batch! You can cut it in half for a smaller batch. Perfect for parties! You can make up to 24 hours ahead.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 4662mg | Potassium: 994mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1265IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Think will try but without the green peppers or jalapeno peppers. Will sub red peppers and celery I think. Don’t like avocados, fresh tomatoes, or cilantro either! So will skip that too. May try canned tomatoes. May try some other seasonings….hmmmm, maybe some oregano, or something. Thanks for an idea for black eyed peas though! Bought some, didn’t know what to try.
Hi Nancy. Sure! Leave out the veggies you don’t like. Make it yours. I too love black eyed peas! This dip is so fresh and guilt free dipping! Love that! -Amy