- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black eyed pea - drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) shoe peg corn, drained OR 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn that has been thawed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red onion - finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups green pepper - finely diced
- 2 to 4 jalapeno peppers - seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 cup cilantro - chopped
- 2 ripe avocados - diced (optional)
- Mix all ingredients, except cilantro and avocado, in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir in cilantro and avocados if you’d like, like just before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or scoops.
This makes a really big batch! You can cut it in half for a smaller batch. Perfect for parties! You can make up to 24 hours ahead.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 4662mg | Potassium: 994mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1265IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.