Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1 can whole water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Plain wooden toothpicks
- Place water chestnuts in a small bowl, cover with soy sauce and let soak for a few minutes.
- Remove and wrap chestnuts with one piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in baking dish.
- Top each with brown sugar and pour the remaining soy sauce in the bowl over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until the bacon gets crisp.
When you make these, make plenty! They are so good you may want to double or even triple the recipe. You’ll be glad you did!
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 333mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.