Strawberry Soda Cupcakes
- 1 box (15 ounces) White cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups Strawberry soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- A couple drops red food coloring - optional
- 24 Pretty pink or red cupcake liners
- 24 Fresh small strawberries or 12 larger strawberries, halved
- 8 Straws - cut in thirds
- 24 Pink or red cupcake liners
- Piping Bag and tip or a gallon size Ziploc Bag
- 6 packets (1.3 ounces each) Dream Whip whipped topping
- 3 cups Chilled strawberry soda
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Add a couple drops of food coloring if you like to make the batter a little more pink.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Fill cups about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake cupcakes in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Place some frosting in a piping bag or in a gallon size Ziploc Bag with the corner cut.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- You can also frost by hand.
- Before serving top each cupcake with a small strawberry or a half a strawberry and a piece of the straw.
- Makes about 24 cupcakes.
- You can make up to 24 hours ahead.
- Keep frosted cupcakes in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Don’t add strawberry and straws until shortly before serving.
- In another bowl, beat frosting ingredients until stiff peaks form.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.