Five Pounds of Fantastic Fudge
- 24 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips (2- 12 ounce bags)
- 12 ounces good quality milk chocolate chips (or broken up chocolate bars)
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 cup butter - 2 sticks, divided
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Spray paper or foil with cooking spray.
- Place chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, all but 1 tablespoon butter in large heat proof bowl. Set aside for later.
- Grease large pot with 1 tablespoon remaining butter. Pour sugar and evaporated milk into the pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Turn down a bit to a low boil and boil about 7 minutes stirring continuously. Be very careful not to burn it.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour into the bowl containing the chocolate chips mixture.
- First, mix well to melted the chocolate. Next, beat by hand with a wooden spoon for a few minutes until everything is incorporated completely and it begins to thicken and lose it's gloss. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate until set.
- Remove from refrigerate for about 20 minutes. Slice into squares and serve. You can prepare this ahead of time and freeze if desired.
This makes a big batch, 5 pounds of fudge! At Christmas time, I often make a few batches of this. I cut it in pieces and put it on a pretty holiday plate and give as a holiday gift! By the way if you like nuts, you can add 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans right after add the vanilla. Fold in nuts and then pour into prepared pan.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 132mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 43IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.