Flower Pot Cupcakes
- 1 box (15 to 18 ounces) Devil’s food cake mix
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) Instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 can Chocolate frosting
- 10 to 30 Mini flower pots, depending on size (2.5 inch tall pots make about 24 servings)
- 1 pkg Oreo Cookies
- Cupcake liners
- Lollipops on a stick (enough for number of pots)
- Spearmint leaf candies - cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat the first 5 ingredients together until smooth.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Crush Oreos in a food processor or by hand in a Ziploc bag.
- Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle cupcake tops with a generous amount of cookie crumbs to look like dirt.
- Place cupcakes in flower pots.
- Decorate each flower pot a with a lollipop pushed down in center and 2 spearmint leaves on each side.
- You can make minis, medium or Texas-size cupcakes.
- Use the correct cupcake liner and tin to fit snuggly in the flower pot.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.