Raspberry ‘n Cream Baked French Toast
- 1 cup Maple syrup
- 1 large Loaf French bread - cut into 2 inch cubes
- 4 to 6 ounces Cream cheese - cut in small cubes
- 3 cups Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 3 to 4 tbsp Butter
- Extra maple syrup or raspberry syrup - optional
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour 1 cup maple syrup into the baking dish, spreading in an even layer.
- Add the bread cubes to bottom of dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
- Cover with foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover casserole and sprinkle fresh raspberries and cream cheese pieces over the top.
- Next, top with brown sugar and dot top with small pieces of butter.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and the top is bubbly.
- Let cool a few minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
- You can serve this with maple or raspberry syrup, if you like.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 536IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 227mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.