Quick Taco Salad
- 1 head iceberg or 2 hearts of romaine lettuce - chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 to 3 tomatoes - seeded and diced
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 bag (15 ounces) Doritos - slightly crushed
- 1 bottle (16 ounce) Catalina or French dressing
- Brown ground beef, until crumbly and no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Add water and taco seasoning and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until liquid cooks away.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Top with slightly cooled taco meat, tomatoes, cheese and olives.
- Right before serving Pour dressing over the top ands toss to coat.
- Add Doritos and toss.
- You can save some of the cheese, olives, and crushed chips to decorate the top.
You can also top with your favorite Taco toppings like diced avocado, sour cream, chopped green onions, fresh cilantro etc.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.