- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust in a tin or pie baking dish
- 8 slices bacon - diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup shredded gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp freshly grounded black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until it starts to get a little crisp.
- Remove bacon to a plate and use a paper towel to soak up grease.
- Cook onion in a little of the bacon grease until soft.
- Sprinkle bacon and onion on the bottom of pie crust.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, dry mustard, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 40 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If the edges of the crust start to get too brown you can cover them with foil.
- Let quiche rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.