Nutella Stuffed French Toast with Strawberries
- 2 to 3 cups Sliced strawberries
- 1 to 2 tbsp Sugar
- 8 slices Firmer white bread
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream, half ‘n half or milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tbsp Melted butter
- 2 to 3 tbsp Powdered sugar
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a bowl.
- Toss to coat and set aside to macerate at room temperature.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with about 2 tablespoons each of Nutella.
- Top each piece of bread with the remaining 4 pieces of bread to make 4 sandwiches.
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Heat some butter in a non-skillet or on a griddle.
- Dip both sides of the sandwiches in the egg mixture.
- Then, place a sandwich or two in the skillet or on griddle.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Flip and continue cooking an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add more butter as needed and repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Transfer to a plate and cut sandwiches on an angle.
- Dust with powdered sugar, then top with macerated strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.