Lightening, Thunder & Hail Salad
- 1 cup vinegar (apple cider vinegar opt)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dill Weed
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup seedless cucumber - sliced and quartered
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion - I used fresh garden green onions
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1 cup grape cherry tomatoes wedged
- 1 cup cut up asparagus
- 1 can of Chick Peas - Garbanzo Beans
- Mix the Marinade with dill weed.
- Salt and pepper to taste and pour over prepared vegetables and Chick Peas.
- Marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator or overnight.
- Use a slotted spoon and enjoy Thunder, Lightening, and Hail like never before.
I got this recipe from a friend in TN and it was just called Lightening and Thunder. Of course, I have a hard time leaving a recipe alone, so I added the Chick Peas (Hail) and also added the Dill weed, and fresh asparagus (blanched for color). It’s a most refreshing summer salad as a side dish or alone!
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 281mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 334IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.