Grilled Pineapple with Butter Rum Sauce
- 1 pineapple - sliced into half inch rings
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- Vanilla ice cream
- Spray the grill or a grill pan with cooking spray and heat.
- Grill the pineapple rings for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they are nicely browned a bit and grill marks appear.
- While the pineapple cooks, heat the butter, sugar and rum in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Place pineapple rings on a plate, scoop ice cream into the center of the ring, and drizzle about 2 teaspoons of sauce on top.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 96IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.