Chocolate Mint Trifle
- 1 box (19.5 ounces) family-size brownie mix, prepared according to directions and baked in 9 x13 inch pan
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 container (12 ounces) of frozen whipped topping - thawed
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- A couple of drops of green food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups mint baking chips
- A few Andes mints - unwrapped
- Fresh mint sprig
- Cool brownies and cut them into 1 to 2-inch cubes.
- Beat pudding and milk together until it starts to thicken.
- In another bowl, mix peppermint extract and a few drops of green food coloring into the whipped topping until it turns light green.
- Place half of the brownie cubes in the bottom of a trifle dish or clear glass bowl.
- Top with half of the chocolate pudding. Sprinkle on half of the mint chips.
- Next, carefully spread half of the green whipped topping over the mints.
- Repeat with the remaining brownies, pudding, and mint chips.
- Cover loosely with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving remove the plastic and decorate the top with a “cloud” of the reserved green whipped topping.
- Place some whole mints on top and garnish with a fresh mint sprig.
You can also do mini trifles. Just layer the ingredients in small individual trifle dishes, wine glasses, martini glasses, small juice glasses, small glass canning jars, or even clear plastic cups. Then, everybody gets their own dessert! What fun!
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 0.01g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 0.01mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.