- 8 cups apple sauce
- 3 cups grape pulp – concord type
- 1 cup sugar
- Peel and core apples, then cook to make applesauce – set aside.
- Take grapes off the stems, wash and put in large kettle, almost cover with water, simmer 20-30 min. until mostly juice.
- Pour into jelly bag or cheesecloth and let drip to remove most of juice – set aside to make grape jelly or juice.
- Work pulp of grapes through food mill to remove seeds.
- Stir grape pulp into applesauce.
- Add sugar to taste.
I use 3 cups of grape pulp tp 8 cups of applesauce. (A little less than half ) Then I add about 1 cup of sugar, depending on how sweet the apples are. This was a treat my mother-in-law made for my children many years ago, now I make it for my grandchildren. It is a family tradition.
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 137g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 701mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 123g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.