Cinnamon Apple Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 (6-ounce) bag sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 stick cinnamon - broken in half
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Gala apples - peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the cranberry juice, cranberries, cinnamon and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have softened and apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove 8 ounces of the liquid to a small bowl and whisk in the cornstarch.
- Slowly add the cornstarch-juice mixture (slurry) to the cranberry mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and serve.
Calories: 610kcal | Carbohydrates: 159g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 150g | Vitamin A: 217IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.