Easy Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 to 8 strips of bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions, chives or parsley
- Wash and dry potatoes and place them on a baking sheet or on the oven rack.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until tender.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each potato.
- Let cool a bit and carefully scoop out most of the potato flesh into a bowl, leaving shell intact.
- Add sour cream, butter, garlic salt, and 2 tablespoons milk.
- Use a mixer to beat until fluffy.
- Add more milk if needed.
- Stir in bacon, cheese, and 2 tablespoons of scallions or chives.
- Pile potato mixture into the shells.
- Place stuffed potatoes in a casserole dish or baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 to 35 minutes until warmed through and golden.
- Top with remaining scallions, chives or parsley before serving.
Potatoes can be prepared and refrigerated up to 3 days before baking and serving.
Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1447mg | Potassium: 1629mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 779IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 297mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.