Easiest Ever Fudge
Easiest Ever Fudge
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a combination)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts - optional
- Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with a large piece of foil or plastic wrap, leaving the ends out to cover the finished fudge.
- The ends will also serve as handles which will help you lift the fudge out of the pan.
- Spray the foil with cooking spray or lightly butter it.
- Heat condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter and vanilla in a double boiler over simmering water.
- You can also carefully heat in a non-stick pan on the stove or in the microwave.
- Stir often and heat on medium-low until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in nuts if you want and pour fudge mixture into the pan.
- Spread into the pan.
- Let sit a bit and then cover the top with foil or the plastic wrap.
- Chill until firm.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into small squares.
This recipe is so easy and it turns out just perfect! It also makes a great gift at the holidays.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 73IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Do you have any easy fudge recipes for people who can’t have chocolate ….
Hi Cindy. No, it shouldn’t melted the plastic. If you’re worried about it, let mixture cool just a bit. I often use foil too but will work. Line spray. Spray foil or plastic wrap with cooking spray or lightly butter it. Then pour mixture in pan. Hope that helps! Thanks! -Amy
Hi Jenny. You don’t need a double boiler. You can just heat in a non stick pan on the stove. Just heat carefully as to not burn and stir often until mixed well. Then pour into your lined pan. -Amy
I don’t have a double boiler. How else can I make this recipe?
Does the hot mixture melt the plastic wrap lining the pan?
I don’t know which kind to make, this one or the one with marshmallow creme?
This recipe turns out perfect every time!