- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips, semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a combo; or broken up milk chocolate bars
- 15 jumbo marshmallows
- Graham cracker squares
- Adjust rack to center position of oven and place 8-inch cast iron skillet on rack.
- Preheat oven to 450°F with skillet inside.
- Once oven is preheated, use a pot holder to remove hot skillet from the oven.
- Place pat of butter in the skillet and use a pot holder to hold the handle and swirl the skillet so that the melted butter coats the bottom and sides.
- Pour chocolate chips in an even layer into the bottom of the skillet.
- Taking care not to burn fingers on the sides of the skillet, arrange marshmallow halves over the surface of the chocolate chips, covering the chocolate completely.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted to your preference (watch closely!).
- Use a pot holder to remove the skillet from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with graham cracker squares or sticks…but be careful, because the dip (and the skillet) will be very hot!
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 3mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.