Spinach Salad with Sweet and Sour Dressing
- 5 to 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cup bean sprouts, fresh or canned drained well - optional
- 1 can water sliced chestnuts - rinsed and drained
- 3 hard-boiled eggs - sliced
- 1 to 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper - optional
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Shake up dressing ingredients in a jar.
- Toss salad ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Season salad with some extra ground fresh pepper if you like.
- Extra dressing keeps in the fridge for a week.
Calories: 611kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 24g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 659mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2434IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.