Apple Snack Cake
Apple Snack Cake
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts - optional
- In a big bowl, mix the apples and sugar, Let them sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add to apple mixture and toss to coat.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir into apple mixture just until moistened. Stir in nuts if using.
- Spoon batter into a 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out pretty clean.
- Great served warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 57g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Hi Amy, I was using a round 10-inch by 2-inch high cake pan. The cake cooked for about 40 minutes. Do you use bleach flour or unbleached flour, and what kind of apples do you use in your snack cake?
Hi Kim. Hmm. I’m not sure! My thought is pan size. It’s kind of an unusual size pan. Did you use a smaller one? Also I wonder if you baked it long enough. It is a very moist cake. I’ve made it a bunch and we love it. Thanks! -Amy
where have I gone wrong in making this recipe, it comes soggy?