Chicken & Ham Wild Rice Soup
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s original wild rice - cooked
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 celery stalks - diced
- 1 bag matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 2 cups cooked chicken - diced
- 1 cup cook ham - diced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add 1/2 cup butter to pan over medium heat and sauté onion, celery & carrots.
- Add 1/2 cup flour – cook through.
- Add 4 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil for one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add prepared rice, Half & Half, chicken, ham, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes – stirring occasionally.
A family favorite. Excellent in bread bowls! Also freezes well for later use.
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 848mg | Potassium: 713mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 553IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.