Cherry Pretzel Torte
- 2 cans (20 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese - softened
- 1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping - thawed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups crushed pretzels - not too finely crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- In a 9 x 13 inch glass pan mix pretzels, butter and sugar together.
- Press down to form the crust.
- In a large bowl add cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Use a mixer to beat until smooth.
- Mix in whipped topping.
- Spoon over crust.
- Spread cherries on top.
- Chill for a few hours before cutting into squares and serving.
- You can also use fresh blueberries in the top left corner and spoon cherry pie filling to make stripes that make the dessert look like a flag.
- Perfect for the 4th of July!
You can also make this dessert in individual clear custard cups or small 8 ounce canning jars. Place layer of pretzel mixture on the bottom. Next add cream cheese mixture and top with pie filling. You can also use raspberry or blueberry pie filling!
Calories: 726kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 720mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 2078IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.