Blender Chocolate Mousse
Blender Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur or vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh whipped cream - optional
- 1/2 cup fresh berries - optional
- Place chocolate chips, egg and coffee liqueur or vanilla in blender and chop.
- Heat cream until very hot and small bubbles appear at the edge.
- Carefully pour hot cream into the blender.
- Blend until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into dessert dishes or pretty wine or martini glasses.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it firms up a bit.
- Serve with fresh berries and/or whipped cream on top.
- Makes enough for 2 to 3 servings depending on the size of the dish.
Calories: 1902kcal | Carbohydrates: 111g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 155g | Saturated Fat: 94g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 42g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 280mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 1294mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 80g | Vitamin A: 3624IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 275mg | Iron: 12mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
I made this last night, it was delicious!
Have you ever made this with dark chocolate chips..or bittersweet chocolate? And has the hot cream ever gone naughty and cooked the egg? It looks killer delish!
Followed the recipe exactly, but the mousse does not set. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
I saw your segment on TCL and all of your desserts looked amazing, although the chocolate mousse was calling my name. So I made this for my boyfriend and I for Valentines day and it was fabulous! It was so easy to make and yet tasted so special! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I also tried it with white chocolate & it remained liquid. I will try it with dark next time!
I made this for Valentine’s Day using (8 oz.) Ghiradelli white chocolate bars. It didn’t set, just remained liquid. I poured it into chocolate dessert cups, and it was still delicious.
This recipe was so easy and tasted so good. I served portions in espresso cups and placed them on a plate with a mini portion of apple crisp using my home canned apple pie filling and a favorite crunchy topping. Everyone wanted the recipe for the mousse. I think it would also be good using a raspberry liquor or Grand Marnier or Cointreau to flavor it in place of a coffee flavored liquor. My husband really liked this dessert! Thank you for sharing it.
Great idea! Let me know what you think! Thanks! -Amy
I’m going to try this this week only with white chocolate chips!