This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy. for more details.
Big Batch of Homemade Cornbread
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, buttermilk and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
- Cut into squares. Serve warm with my Honey Butter!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.