Big Batch of Homemade Cornbread
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, buttermilk and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
- Cut into squares. Serve warm with my Honey Butter!
Don’t have buttermilk? No worries. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or white vinegar to regular milk. Let sit for a few minutes and then add to recipe.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.