Bacon-Cheese Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 1/2 sticks softened butter
- 3 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red peppers - optional
- 8 slices processed Swiss cheese
- 12-15 slices bacon
- Slice a loaf of French bread into 1” slices; however, do NOT slice all of the way through!
- Combine 1 ½ sticks softened butter, 3 T. oregano, and 1 T. minced garlic (1 t. crushed red peppers is optional).
- Spread this mixture between each of the slices.
- Take a piece of processed Swiss cheese.
- Fold in half diagonally (resulting in two triangles of cheese).
- Place a triangle of cheese between each slice of bread.
- Cut a piece of bacon in half lengthwise and widthwise.
- Drape a piece of bacon over each slice of bread.
- Wrap bread in foil, leaving the top exposed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
This has been a family favorite for many years. It’s great with spagheti, lasagna, soup, or even casserole!
Calories: 666kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1002mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1283IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 289mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.