- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 to 4 cups cooked and shredded or diced turkey (or chicken)
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese - softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 6 to 8 medium sized flour tortillas
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream - optional
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 3 scallions - chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook onion in the oil for a few minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, onions and garlic mixture, green chiles and turkey.
- Put some of the turkey mixture in each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in a 9 X 13 inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Stir together heavy cream and enchilada sauce.
- Pour over the enchiladas and then top with shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve them with a little sour cream, black olives, and scallions on top if you like. I like!
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 644mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 396mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
This chicken enchilada recipe is fast, easy and really good. It takes a lot for me to compliment as I am picky about what I eat, and usually cook my own food, make my own sauces and freeze and can from my garden. I’ve been cooking all of my life, and my mother taught me how. We had a family of ten with my parents. All of my sisters are great cooks, and my son is a chef. I plan to have my grandson prepare this recipe with me next weekend. We have had cooking class since he was five years old, so he could learn there’s more to life than French fries. I did notice that the tortillas puff up a little bit, so allow plenty of room in your dish. I used extra sharp cheddar cheese on top, and it was golden brown. I used a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s Club. Loved this and so did my husband. He topped it with a little sour cream (the low fat version.)
I’m a foodie who loves to cook. I have many favorite chefs, recipes ,and cookbooks. I have never posted a review before but felt I must after making this recipe! This recipe blew me away!!!! I did use poached shredded chicken and a little extra cheese and garlic but other than that followed the recipe. THIS WAS SO GOOD! I have your cookbooks and wanna make all your recipes now. Lol. Thank you for a treasure I’ll be making again and again.
I have a recipe much like this one. I use cream of celery soup and a can of chopped green chiles mixed with the heavy cream instead of the green enchilada sauce. My daughter loves how creamy it is.