Terrific Tuna Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine - optional (you can use water)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas - (optional)
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) albacore tuna packed in water - drained well
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups slightly crushed potato chips
- 16 ounces egg noodles - cooked al dente
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large soup pot melt the butter.
- Cook onion and celery in the butter over medium a few minutes until the vegetables start to get soft.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Add mushroom soup, milk and wine.
- Whisk and stir and heat until smooth
- Add tuna, noodles and peas
- Stir and coat with the sauce
- Spoon into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray and top with shredded cheese and potato chips.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.