Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash
- boiling water, or apple juice
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary - optional
- Cut squash in half and with a spoon, remove pulp and seeds.
- In a large baking dish place squash cut-side down.
- Pour 1/4-inch boiling water into dish, Place dish in oven and bake squash for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries, cinnamon, butter, brown sugar, rosemary and a little salt and pepper.
- Remove squash from the oven after the 30 minutes.
- Turn halves over and stuff center of each squash half with apple mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until squash and apples are tender.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 879mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 1344IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.