Strawberry Freezer Jam
Servings pint jars
- 2 pounds Strawberries (about 4 pints)
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 box (1.75 ounces) Sure Jell Less or no sugar recipes fruit pectin
- Make sure strawberries are at room temperature and washed and dried.
- Mash strawberries with a potato masher or in food processor until slightly chunky.
- Do not puree with a blender.
- Add 3 cups sugar with the Sure Jell Less in a saucepan.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add one cup of water.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and quickly add strawberries and juice.
- Stir well to mix.
- Immediately spoon mixture into clean and dried jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- Seal containers.
- Let stand at room temperature about 24 hours or until set.
- Store in freezer up to 6 months or in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
- Thaw frozen jam and stir before serving.
- This makes about 3 to 4 pint jars.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 80g | Vitamin A: 14IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.