- 1 lb spaghetti
- 8 pieces bacon - cut into small pieces
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese - plus extra for the top
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. Remove bacon to a plate.
- Leave a bit of the drippings from the bacon in the skillet.
- Remove the rest of the drippings.
- Boil pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is boiling, in a bowl whisk eggs, heavy cream and 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add some freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the pasta (saving a bit of the hot pasta water) and add it immediately to the skillet.
- Pour egg mixture and bacon into skillet and toss until pasta is coated and warmed.
- If mixture gets a bit thick add a bit of the hot pasta water.
- Serve with extra cheese on top. Enjoy!
Calories: 714kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 231mg | Sodium: 512mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1203IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 219mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.