Sausage and Gorgonzola Pasta Bake
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese - divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 box (16 ounces) penne pasta - cooked al dente
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage - cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes - drained
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups garlic croutons - crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan, heat the cream, stock and wine.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn down heat.
- Whisk in Gorgonzola and half cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Season the sauce with a little black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the cream sauce with pasta, sausage, tomatoes and basil.
- Spoon into a large casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with croutons and remaining Parmesan.
- Put small pieces of butter over the top
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
Calories: 594kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 874mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1340IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.