Red Wine Sangria
- 1 gallon Dry red wine
- 1/4 cup Sugar (or more if you like it sweeter)
- 1/4 cup Orange liqueur or triple sec
- 1 cup Brandy
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 to 4 cups Assorted fresh fruit (chunks of oranges, lemons, limes, apples, peaches, mango and berries)
- A few sprigs fresh mint (optional)
- Mix first 6 ingredients together.
- Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours but best if made the day before.
- Taste it to see if more sugar is needed.
- Before serving stir in some fresh mint or garnish the glasses with mint.
- Serve sangria chilled over ice.
No need to buy expensive wine! I just use a gallon jug or 4 bottles the cheap stuff: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir etc. Got a big group coming over? Double or triple the recipe. You can make it up to 2 days ahead. Perfect make-ahead party cocktail. Looks greats in clear pitchers or those large clear self-serve beverage dispensers.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 59mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 182IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.