One Pot Turkey Chili Mac
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 packets (1.25 ounces each) your favorite chili seasoning mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounces) petite diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans - optional
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - optional
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped scallions - optional
- In a large pot with a tight-fitting lid, brown ground turkey until crumbly and cooked through.
- Add onion and cook another few minutes.
- Add both packets of chili seasoning mix, water, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and macaroni.
- Bring to a boil. Put lid on the pan and turn down heat.
- Simmer 10 to 18 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and stir in beans if using. Top with cheese.
- Turn off heat. Cover pan to let cheese melt.
- Uncover and top with scallions if you like.
- Serve in bowls with your favorite chili fixin’s on top like sour cream, crackers, and jalapeño peppers.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.