Italian Sausage and Bow Ties
- 6 Italian Sausage
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil - divided
- 1 large onion - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red or orange pepper - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 pound bow tie pasta, cooked and drained - reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking liquid
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes - optional
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Fry the Italian sausage a few minutes on each side until they are half cooked.
- Remove sausages from pan and slice into 1 inch inch pieces.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in same skillet sausages were cooked in. Add onion and cook two minutes. Add peppers and cook another couple minutes. Season veggies with garlic salt.
- Add sausages back to pan along with chicken stock. Bring to a simmer. Add pasta and reserved pasta water. Stirring to combine. Heat until warm. Add in red pepper flakes if desired.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley and serve right away.
Calories: 806kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1809mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1036IU | Vitamin C: 85mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.