Ham and Cheese Strata
- 12 ounces French bread (1 loaf) - cut in cubes
- 3/4 pound ham - diced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda or Wwiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Butter or spray a 3 quart casserole dish or a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread bread cubes evenly in dish.
- Add ham, red pepper, and both cheeses.
- In a big bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and spices.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread, ham and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake loosely covered with foil in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 15 to 20 minutes until eggs are completely set and top is golden.
- Let rest about 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 597kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 338mg | Sodium: 1773mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1333IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 596mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.