Apple Pie Breakfast Bulgar
- ¼ cup bulgur
- ½ cup diced apple
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons greek or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon walnuts - optional
- Pour water over the bulgur in a microwave-safe bowl and let soak a bit.
- Mix in apples and vanilla.
- Place a paper towel over the bowl.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt, cinnamon, and walnuts on top.
Bulgur has double the fiber as oatmeal!
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.