- 1 box (18.75 ounces) white cake mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese - at room temperature
- 1 stick butter - at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut - toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with liners.
- Use a mixer and beat together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl for about 2 minutes, or until the batter is smooth.
- Fill cupcakes liners up about two-thirds of the way.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed in the center.
- Let cool.
- Instead of cupcakes, you can also make a cake.
- Grease and flour one 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Bake about 30 to 35 minutes.
- For the frosting, place the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy.
- Add the coconut and vanilla extracts and the powdered sugar, a cup at a time, beating on low at first and then on high until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Frost cupcakes or cake and sprinkle coconut on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To toast coconut, sprinkle it out on a jelly roll pan and bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until it starts to get golden.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 0.1mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.