Chocolate Caramel Bars
- 1 box (18.5 ounces) butter recipe yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup white vanilla chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 32 caramels unwrapped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with a large piece of foil so that it overlaps the edges of the pan.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine cake mix, oil, and eggs. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, vanilla chips, and toffee bits.
- Press half of the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While baking, in a small non-stick saucepan combines caramels, butter, and condensed milk.
- Heat over medium-low heat making sure the mixture does not burn.
- Melt until smooth stirring often. Remove the partially baked crust.
- Slowly pour the caramel mixture over the baked crust.
- Crumble the remaining cake mixture over the caramel.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours and cut into bars.
- Bars are best-tasting and easiest to cut when chilled.
Calories: 732kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 79g | Vitamin A: 598IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 0.4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.