Cherry Pecan Salad
- 2 tbsp white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup cherry juice or cranberry cherry juice
- 1 tbsp honey or sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 5 to 8 ounces spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves - toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Add first 5 ingredients along with a little salt and pepper to a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake well until dressing starts to thicken a bit.
- Place spring mix, cherries, pecans, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the top.
- Use tongs to toss and gently coat the greens.
- Season salad with fresh ground black pepper if you like.
- Extra dressing keeps in the fridge for a week.
To toast nuts, place on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 3 to 8 minutes. You can also put them in a non-stick skillet and toast over low heat on the stove for a few minutes. Watch carefully so they don’t burn!
Calories: 730kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 70g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 35g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 851IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.