- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce - more if you like it spicy!
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 pounds large shrimp (raw and deveined peeled or unpeeled)
- 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, juice from half a lemon, hot sauce and garlic. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Place shrimp in a casserole dish.
- Pour butter sauce over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Toss a few lemon slices in with the shrimp.
- Bake shrimp covered in foil for 15 to 30 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink, stirring twice.
- Serve warm shrimp with parsley on top, fresh lemon wedges, extra hot sauce and crusty French bread for dipping in the sauce.
This makes a great appetizer or even a fun dinner served with a big salad! In the summer I do this on a grill in a foil pan. No need to even cover it with foil. The minute the shrimp turns pink, it’s done! It’s so good! Always a hit! Make sure to serve with plenty of napkins! Serves 8 as an appetizer. Serves 4 to 6 if it’s dinner.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 272mg | Sodium: 1403mg | Potassium: 309mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1458IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.