White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 Green pepper, Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Jars (48 ounces) or 6 cans (15 ounces) Great Northern Beans, - Drained
- 4 Boneless. Skinless chicken breast halves, - Cooked and shredded
- 4 Cups Chicken stock
- 1 Jar (16 ounces) Chunky green or red salsa - (I like to use green salsa)
- 2 Tablespoons Ground cumin
- In a big pot, heat olive oil and sauté’onion and green pepper for a few minutes until they start to get soft.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Dump the rest of the ingredients in the pot and simmer on low to medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can use a potato masher to mash up the beans a bit and thicken the chili.
- If it gets too thick, add more stock or a little water.
- Serve with your favorite chili fixin’s.
You can easily cut this recipe in half to make a smaller batch. Leftovers also freeze well!
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 852mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 89IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.