- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups strawberries - chopped
For the Optional Glaze:
- 1 to 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup finely diced strawberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a blender or electric mixer blend oil, both sugars, egg, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry.
- Mix by hand until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Gently fold berries into the batter.
- Spray with baking spray or butter a 9 × 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top.
- Make sure to do the toothpick test and bake until it comes out clean.
To make the glaze:
- Combine sugar with strawberries.
- Mash strawberries a bit with the sugar to release juices.
- Let sit a few minutes or more.
- Add the powdered sugar and melted butter.
- Mix until it is smooth. If too thick you can add a bit of milk.
- Once the bread is cool, spoon the glaze on top of the bread.
- Slice and serve.
- You can also slice bread and serve glaze drizzled order the top.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 124IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.