- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups strawberries - chopped
For the Optional Glaze:
- 1 to 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup finely diced strawberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a blender or electric mixer blend oil, both sugars, egg, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry.
- Mix by hand until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Gently fold berries into the batter.
- Spray with baking spray or butter a 9 × 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top.
- Make sure to do the toothpick test and bake until it comes out clean.
To make the glaze:
- Combine sugar with strawberries.
- Mash strawberries a bit with the sugar to release juices.
- Let sit a few minutes or more.
- Add the powdered sugar and melted butter.
- Mix until it is smooth. If too thick you can add a bit of milk.
- Once the bread is cool, spoon the glaze on top of the bread.
- Slice and serve.
- You can also slice bread and serve glaze drizzled order the top.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 124IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
So good! Nice and moist. Loved the glaze.
Excellent, very moist