Quick and Easy Pepper Steak
- 1 pound Beef sirloin, flank, tenderloin steak, or steak of your choice cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsp Olive oil - divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small Red or yellow onion - sliced into rings
- 2 Peppers green, red, yellow, or orange or a combination - sliced into thin strips
- 3 cloves Garlic - minced
- 3 cups Beef stock
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- In a bowl, whisk together beef stock, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Quickly stir-fry beef for a few minutes until it gets a little brown.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining oil to pan and stir fry onions and peppers for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add beef stock mixture.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens a bit.
- Great served over hot cooked rice..
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 512mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 163IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.