Parmesan Potato Gratin
- 1 to 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 3 tbsp Butter - divided
- 4 to 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes - peeled and sliced into very thin rounds
- 1 1/4 cups Heavy cream, half ‘n half, or whole milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme leaves, plus a bit extra for garnish
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup Fresh grated good Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Make a layer of potato slices in the baking dish, overlapping them slightly, like shingles.
- Sprinkle a little garlic, and Parmesan on top of potatoes and season the layer with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Continue to layer the potato slices, a little garlic and Parmesan, the seasonings.
- You should have three layers.
- Carefully pour cream, half ‘n half or milk over the potatoes.
- Cut the remaining 2 tablespoons butter into small pieces, and dot the top of the potatoes.
- Bake 40 to 60 minutes until bubbly and the top is golden.
- Top casserole with a little fresh thyme before serving.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 417mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 673IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.